Corroplast FM is a pre-hardened free machining stainless steel mold base material. Corroplast FM is the ideal material to resist corrosion associated with high humidity environments and when corrosive resins are used in the production. In addition, Corroplast FM is the preferred mold base material for medical and food packaging applications.
Corroplast FM exhibits the following desired properties:
- Homogeneous microstructure for improved machinability
- Re-sulphurized chemistry for optimal machinability
- Minimum levels of course carbides to improve the life of cutting tools
- Reduced carbon for improved weldability
- Lower carbon and higher chrome content for improved corrosion resistance
Swiss Steel Group offers a complete stainless tool steel solution with Corroplast FM mold base material, Formadur 2083 Superclean and PHX Superclean insert materials.
Click here for further information on the Corroplast FM
Dr. Vouszka György | Managing Director
Phone: + 36 1 858 7088
Mechanical and plant engineering
Food and packaging industry
Structural and civil engineering